Thursday, July 19, 2007

Meet Ligeia.................................

I began my Second Life on July 1, 2006, and within a few days I started to create items and got hooked.
Initially I built items for myself, reflecting my love for vintage and retro styles such as my very first creation, a Victorian style beach cabana. Soon my collection of beach furnishings began to grow and I decided to open a store to share my work with others.
From the beginning, I believed that showing my creations in one of the sterile cube buildings that were so prevalent at the time would never do them justice.
I wanted my store to reflect my love for history and my own artistic impulses, and I wanted it to provide my customers with a pleasant shopping experience. While I, of course, love to sell my creations, it is also meaningful for me to be able to create an environment the people can just visit and appreciate.
The building of my store ultimately led me into building stores and homes for others in Second Life.
Having recently been through the process of searching for a house, I had become very disenchanted with the number of poorly constructed and expensive pre-fabricated homes on the market. My belief has always been that everyone should be able to have a nice home to fit their budget, and that these homes should never be cookie cutter homes but should be specially built for each customer.
In both my shop and in my building business I have always maintained a certain set of values that I feel are important. That people in SL should be able to find items that are well crafted without costing them a fortune. That my commitment to quality in everything I make is something I take seriously, and that I will back what ever I sell for as long as I remain in Second Life. I try always to treat my customers in SL how I wish I were treated by Real Life businesses - where every customer is treated the same no matter how much they have spent. In the end, I am happy when my customers are happy - as it is happy customers that become repeat customers.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews