Saturday, July 7, 2007

Artist Adds Another String To His Bow

SL resident and RL artist Kevin Holehan, (aka Barone DeCuir ) co-founder of the Repost Gallery, has added another talent to his repertoire.. That of poet!
The poem, ’A Little Mad’ has reached the semi-final stage of an international competition organised by Poetry.com.
Kevin told me:
“I was asked by an Australian friend, Darren Quinn, to look at some of his poems that he submitted to an internet site.
Having never heard of the site, I checked it out, found his poems and was intrigued by the whole idea.
I have a folder (somewhere) that has lots of poems and ideas written down on scraps of paper. As I couldn’t find it, I decided to enter one that I could remember from about 20 years ago..
‘A Little Mad‘.
I didn’t think any more about it until today, when a letter from the company arrived telling me that I had reached the semi-final stage of the competition and that they wished to include the poem as part of a collection they intended to publish in Autumn 2007.
The collection has a ‘working title’ of Immortal Verses. To be honest, I was completely surprised, I had forgotten all about it. It has inspired me to find that folder!!”

(The poem is printed below with Kevin Holehan’s kind permission)

A Little Mad.
I’m a little mad
A little sad
I’m clever too
I have a dream
I have a scheme
And I love you
So now you know
And it does show
I’m a little mad
A little sad
Without you.

Copyright © 2007 Kevin Holehan

from the pen of Baron DeSantis
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews