Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The NOT SO Tranquil Writer -CIGBTYOT?

by Magdeleine Rossini (a.k.a. Mags)

I do not precisely recollect what newcomer life was about. That memory must have gone peacefully into the night along with the one marked "Labor and Delivery". However, I do vividly recall that on Day Three I bought some fabulous GuRLyWood hair with funding offered to me across a crowded room by a lovely pixel benefactor adorned in a dazzling black gown and sporting an enormous coif. Right-Click, Buy, Wear Now. My newly-acquired Big Hair in situ, off I toddled, breathless and ready to tackle everything. Fab!

Wondrously, she was the first in a long line of generous, supportive people I have come to know here. Because of her I decided to make my walk through this wonderful "new" world the same way as in the one where the hedges always need trimming -- in total awe.

"Yes," I vowed. "I will become an invaluable Asset to this greater universe. Giving freely, loving deeply..."

You get the point I'm sure. A Value-Added Avatar. I learned to build. I mutilated scripts. I divined exotic textures. I talked my fingers to the cuticles. I joined groups. I worked in a wonderful nightclub. I got a translator and talked my fingers further to the bone in 17 languages. I traveled to amazing places. I bought land and a house after dumping my tips into the slots one night and hitting The Big One.

Now I am prepared to contribute. To be all that I can be. But I cannot do it alone. I need your help. I am preparing a proposal to Linden Leadership for a New Blue Button for the middle of my screen, entitled ,

Now, you may think this new button is just a well-mannered tool for staving off chatty friends. I assure you its intended use is far wider-reaching.

Witness an act of kindness? Use it.

Beneficiary of the astounding global generosity and spirit that is Second Life? Use it.

And, yes. It is the perfect utility for chatty friends as well. Fortunately even on Day Three I had the presence of mind to jot down the name of my Big Hair Benefactor. When I hit The Big One, I was able to return to her the L$300. Hopefully my presence here now will serve the silent message she shared with me that night. I have no doubt she has shared again. There is never enough Big Hair.

Until the new button appears on your viewer, please apply "CIGBTYOT?" liberally. I just bet you have your own amazing story to tell, don't you?

Mags
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews