Thursday, February 28, 2008

A Wedding Fit for a Princess


by: Lucy Halberd
Most of us women have thought about our perfect dream wedding at least once. We have thought about the details of who we would like to marry, where the wedding would take place, and who we would invite. Even more of us have fantasized about the perfect wedding gown that would make us look and feel like a princess. So, what would it be like to have that fairy tale wedding? I’ve been talking a lot with a Tiny Empire princess, who would like to share with us just how much work goes into having the perfect royal wedding!

Bachel Destiny is an ordinary gal who, just like us, has thought about her perfect fairy tale wedding, however there is one detail that sets Bachel apart from the others; she really is royalty. It all started in November of 2007 when she decided to join thousands of others in playing Tiny Empires. Tiny Empires is a HUD game that runs in the background while you run about your business in Second Life. As long as scripts are enabled on the land, you are able to earn gold (separate from regular Linden currency), buy land, and purchase items that will help make your land more profitable, such as oxen, field hands, and various farming tools. Each turn takes 3 minutes to complete and gives you prompts to let you know when land is for sale, when others would like to buy your land, or to tell you someone would like for you to join their kingdom. In TE you have a liege above you and can have your own subjects below you. The acres of land you own, as well as that of your subjects, determine what your title is. At 0 acres you are a wanderer, at 1 acre you are a peasant, 5-squire/squiress, 10-knight/dame, 25-baron/baroness, 50-viscount/viscountess, 100-count/countess, 200-marquis/marquise, 400-duke/duchess, 1000-prince/princess, 20,000-king/queen. Bachel is a princess in the kingdom of Sparta and will be marrying her prince, Dorren Plunkett on February 29, 2008, at 4PM SL time.

Dorren and Bachel actually met in a Yahoo chat room years ago and are a RL couple as well as SL. They have been engaged in RL since July of 2007 and are in the process of planning their real wedding. The couple views their Second Life wedding as a way to have what their Real Life budget could never allow. Their ceremony will have an estimated 100 guests, 99% of which she met through Tiny Empires. Bachel has recently been awarded the title of Royal Recruiter of Sparta by King Elexor, who will be walking her down the aisle and giving her away. The location for the wedding has been fitted with a long aisle runner covered in their crest and has enough seating to accommodate the large crowd.

When did he propose in SL?
He proposed December 28, 2007.

How did he do it?
Well, I was going through my inventory at the time and he seemingly waited until I had the worst outfit on. He called me out, dropped to one knee and asked me to marry him. Dor actually wanted to ask me at our Christmas party, but my rings were not finished. So as soon as they were finally complete, he could not wait to pop the question!

Where will the ceremony be held?
It will be held at a place called Pussy Palace (http://slurl.com/secondlife/Diablo/129/234/25/), built by Skyy DeCuir. We are getting a special deal... only L$1,000!

Where is the reception to be held?
The reception will be held at the Pussy Palace as well. Not a lot of places in SL are able to hold that many people at once!

Who is officiating?
Sundance Arizona is our minister and will also do our RL wedding if possible.

How big is the wedding party? Who is it made up of?
Ariyahnna Ember and May Rosebud are my “flower girls”. They will actually be dragons that throw out butterflies! The dragons were designed by Sundance Arizona. We have one lady in waiting, Darla Catteneo. Darla also designed my wedding cakes! Our greeter is Opal Dreadlow. Buck Coeyman is the captain. Krizz Fall, Storyguy Kidd, Pippistrello Bonetto and Jaymee Dragonash are all part of the honor guard. Jaymee was the one who custom designed Dorren’s sword for him with our crest. Our ushers are Toy Halfpint, Waylong Blackthorne, and Maddison Meredith.

Who are the mother and father of the bride?
Opal Dreadlow and Buck Coyeeman

Where was the gown purchased from?
May Rosebud custom designed my gown for L$2,000. My hair was also custom! It was made as a gift just for me by Roka Niu.

Dorren’s suit was custom made as well?
Yes! Luthander Zhou custom made a suit of armor for Dorren. The suit has our crest on it and costs L$800.

Will you be having any readings done by anyone at your wedding?
No, but I think Toy Halfpint will be singing for us! And Dorren and I have written vows for one another that will no only be used in our ceremony here, but in real life as well!

Who is your photographer?
Samira Hanson is photographing the event for us as a wedding present to us!

Who is the DJ and what type of music will be played?
Samira Hanson is our DJ as well. She will be playing a lot of romantic music, but a mixture of all kinds, really. Of course she will be playing my dedication song to Dorren, “Everything I Do” and his dedication song to me, “You Are My Everything”.

Why did you base it off of TE?
Well, I am a princess in Tiny Empires! The options in SL are awesome if you know where to look, and since we can’t afford this sort of wedding in RL we are going all out!

Do you have anything else you'd like to add?
Believe it or not it is a lot more work to plan a wedding in Second Life than it is in RL! Oh… there is a chance that the wedding will be filmed and placed on youtube, so keep an eye out for that!

"I would like to give my personal thanks to all the special people that have come together to make this wedding all that it can be, but especially to those that worked behind the scenes.

Giget Padgett, who also does work to raise funds for people with special needs. She has so much to offer.

Ultralite Soleil, emperor and the creator of Tiny Empires. This is so much more than a game within SL. It gives us not only a sense of family, but a feeling of loyalty as well. All of my wedding came from within Sparta, just one group out of many within Tiny Empires.

Sundance Arizona, who is so much more than a friend. She is the one that helped me create my double dragons as a theme. She worked really hard at decorating for our wedding.

Skyy Decuir and Patriot Writer, who gave me such a great deal so that I could even afford to have the wedding of my dreams. I am also the very first one to hold an event at this new dream land. It has been fun to watch this new land grow.

Storyguy Kidd, who works for Patriot, also a subject under me, my loyal Prince. He has been there to help with the process of getting my wedding put together.

May Rosebud, who created my wedding dress off of a picture. This dress is awesome.

Luthander Zhou, who created our suits of amour for all our men of the royal guard. His patience for last minute details.

Roka Niu, for creating my hair.

Jaymee Dragonash who created our swords using our dragons. His place is awesome for training people how to use their swords.

Elexor Matador, not only our king, he created our wedding set, plus our crowns and tiaras. He is doing me the honor of walking me down the isle.

Darla Catteneo, my wedding planner. She created my wedding cake. Her wedding shop is any girls dream.

Samira Hanson, who not only is our DJ for the wedding, but our photographer as well. This girl's work is amazing.

Opal Dreadlow and Buck Coeyman who are my SL parents. They were all the time passing me lindens to help pay for this wedding. They also work very hard for Sparta. Can not find anyone more loyal.

Ignorance Quinell, who also gave me lindens to help pay for this wedding.

Lucy Halberd, for covering this story. I have enjoyed very much our time together.

And condolences to Kitten Mostel and Deka Bikcin.
Today I marry Dorren Plunkett. I hope that you are able to move on. We both wish you the best here in SL. Dorren is now planting flowers in my garden. He is my husband, not only here in SL, but we are getting married in real life too. We hope that you find someone to make you just as happy. Best of luck to you."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews