Sunday, April 27, 2008

Interview with Somber Atlass


How long have you been a Wiccan in rl?

I have been wiccan for 13 years. I chose this path a few years after high school; after meeting my totally awesome friend Kathy having her come to me and tell me that I had a gift to share with the world.


DD:How long have you been in sl?

SA:I have only been in sl for about a month now.


DD:I understand you are a Wiccan teacher -how long have you been doing that in rl?

SA: Ahh I have been teaching for almost 4 years.


DD: Do you feel you will start taking students in sl as well?

SA: I have done a lot of thinking about that off and on and I like the Idea. I just need to meet the right people that are serious about wanting to follow this path with an open heart and mind and a willingness to learn.

DD: With all the Pagan/Wiccan groups in sl , do you feel there is too much misinformation for those new to the religion?
SA: Yes there are some out that want to control people, there are some that want all the attention and to be respected for all the wrong reasons, and the others wind up being sexual. When that happens the world gets a twisted view of what we as a pagan comunity really are all about.


DD:How do you feel about the covens in sl and the ritual circles that are preformed in here?

SA:Have not had a chance to see any thing here in sl so I cant comment on that...

DD: Do you feel that the lines between the two religions Wicca and Paganism have been crossed to often in the media?
SA: Yes ! it happens every day on media we are constantly bombarded with going to hell and having people try to tell you whats good for you because its good for them and a lot of people in this world are mindless zombies due to the fact that they let media tell them how to run there lives when they have there own brains to think with.


DD: Any other thoughts ?
SA: I would like to say that you really should not judge some one else's words on what they believe in. If you are intrested in something and you dont have the right answers use your noodle and go research it your self so that way you know the truth and not lies or half truths and when some one ask you about something like wicca you can correct some one thats spread miss information..The solution is changing how we think


Photos by Dashwood Dayafter
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews