Friday, March 14, 2008

SL Burnout


It's been talked about before in both RL newspapers and even this one...people so addicted to SL they loose everything.
I came to SL back in September for a workshop. I was actually a week late but decided to stay anyways. What happened then was my second life overtook my real life. I ;like a lot of in-worlders let my avatar become my identity. I would spend sometimes 20 hours straight in-world a day. Things became so intense that I had no choice but to quit SL altogether for awhile. What did I do while I was gone? I got my real life balanced. With so many of us mixing our real life careers and romances with SL, burnout is bound to happen. So what were the signs I ignored for weeks before I realized I had to do something? 1) Spending more then 5 hours at a time just drifting around SL
2) Having more then a 1000 photos of SL in my computer
3) Letting the dishes pile up in real life
4) Being more upset about being dumped in-world then I did about one in real life
5)Having more then 2 jobs in SL
I got myself unhooked for awhile and now I am back refreshed.

Photos by reporter Dashwood Dayafter

DISCLAIMER : MY SYMPTOMS MAY DIFFER FROM YOURS.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews