Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Life's Too Short...

The first column of a new year is always the most difficult to write. Somehow the nature of all that “road ahead” nonsense provokes us to preach. Or wag fingers at ourselves and others. Or turn over new leaves as if last years' lives were just so much compost. The upheaval at the bar hasn't helped; all of us forced to sup our morning caffeine 90 degrees to the left. “I dunno, Mags. That title worries me a bit. You don't usually resort to gutter language to make your point.”

“I know, I know. But this time I felt more like the 'gutter' came to me. Searched for a better word, but there just wasn't one. What the heck. I'm going with it. People say 'Life's too short' but do they really do anything about it? Do they back up their hard drives? Do they wad up their To-Do Lists and begin anew? “

“Do they organize their inventories, purge their trash, and clean up their caches? Are they kinder? Soberer? More loving and giving? Always wearing underwear?” My latte companions cast an eye downward and blushed a bit.

“Sorry, Fellows”, I muttered. “I truly am working on being more culturally aware in 2009.” We studied the photo I was determined to use to illustrate my intent to act on All-Things-New. The cups and pints were raised. The vote was in. And now it is yours for inspiration – along with our profound wishes that you move Heaven and Earth in all your lives. Why? Cuz...
by Magdeleine "Mags" Rossini
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews